Monday, November 21, 2011

Why do professional photographers charge so much?

Well my friends that is one heck of a loaded question huh?  Fact is, most people do think that we charge far too much and that there is no justification outside of a 1million dollar camera that would make our markup have to be so high.  Well, one of my favorite sites just posted an article written by a talented photographer by the name a David Buckley on this very subject.  It's not so much the article that I thought was brilliant, even though it was spot on with almost all of its' estimations and facts, but the site on which it was posted that I thought especially brilliant.  That's right, it is on the one and only www.modelmayhem.com.  Here is the link for you to read but I just have one thing to say to mister Buckley.  Thank you sooooooo much for getting this posted on a talent site.  These people need to know exactly what they are getting into before they come and deal with us.  I am glad you put it out there my man.  Well, here is the link.  Please read it and comment here on what your favorite part is, or what you identify with the most, or what you think he missed.  Until next time my friends, keep shooting!

http://www.modelmayhem.com/education/photography/291-why-do-professional-photographers-charge-so-much

Here's talkin' at ya!!

Dave

2 comments:

  1. nice blog dave. i had no idea so many hours went into a sinle photo session. makes me feel better about spending so much for a wedding photographer. keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. You are absolutely right about the wedding photography. Keep up with the blog. I will be holding the first of many contests probably next week. The prize is going to be a gift card of some sort. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete